Sticky Tofu Bowl. Sunday night online Cooking with Frida and Ciana in Frisco, Dallas Texas and me here in Sollentuna Sweden. Tonight we made Sticky Tofu Bowl. So incredibly good. I love making Bowls because you can make it from whatever you have. The plating to make it pretty is the most fun part! Cherish these Cooking times beyond words.
- 400 g Tofu
- Boiled rice for as many bowls you plan to make
- Garlic Powder
- Black pepper
- Maple syrup or honey (some kind of sweetener)
- Garlic clove
- Chili (red pepper) flakes, paprika, chili powder (if you want less spice skip chili powder)
- Tomato pure (ketchup works too)
- Tamari or soy sauce
Wrap paper towels around the tofu and put something heavy on top of it to get the water out. Change the towels a couple times to get all the moist out.
Cut the Tofu into 1 inch cubes
To make tofu crispy toss 400 g tofu cubed in a bowl with ingredients below
- 2tbsp cornstarch/flour
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2tbsp of oil for pan
In medium heated pan sear all sides until golden brown
- 4tbsp maple syrup or honey (some kind of sweetener)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili (red pepper) flakes, paprika, chili powder (if you want less spice skip chili powder)
- 2tsp tomato pure (ketchup works too)
- 3tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1tbsp vinegar
- 2tbsp cornstarch or flour
When tofu is golden mix in sauce, it will thicken fast and get sticky
Make sure to have everything else prepped (if making bowl) before adding the sauce to tofu, this is the last step and will happen fast = time to eat!
Plate and enjoy!